SAP-N is a value based organization and gives due value to the capacities of people for their innovative characteristics in developing culture of adaptations. It also understands the deeper gap in the capacities of the people due to social, natural and other phenomena. The major values thus adopting by the organization are as follows:
- People have innate potentials for change
- Socio-economic transformation can be achieved through people based development
- Adoption of inclusive approaches leads to social justice
- The Civil Society is an effective actor for promoting governance, democracy, human rights and accountability at all levels
Partnership: Working in partnership with various national and international organizations that is characterized by transparency, accountability and equality between and among partners
People Centered: People- centered development represents a shift from the service delivery option to strengthening the capacity of local people themselves to manage their own concerns and influencing their environment
Gender Sensitive: It is considered as one of the cross cutting issues in every development programs to promote equitable development.
Sustainability: Sustainability is considered as continuity with growth of development process even after phase over of the project supported by external organization
Non Partisan: Civil society organizations in general should remain above any party politics for effective and efficient development facilitation.
- Policy Research and Advocacy
SAP-Nepal applies its best efforts to policy analysis and research in order to find out its relevancy and the status of implementation for effective knowledge sharing and advocacy. It facilitate advocacy campaigns to influence policies at different levels ranging from the village to the district, regional, national, and South Asian levels.
- Linkage and Networking
Social, economic or political governance are the major strategic focus of SAP-Nepal to extend linkage and networking. The process promote linkages and networking to institutions from the village, district, regional, national and international forums.
- Capacity Building
SAP-Nepal looks at capacity building as a whole range of ideas, approaches, and development interventions. With an increase in the role of civil societies in the promotion of the rights and entitlements of citizens, influencing government policies and filling gaps in services, attempts are made to increase their activities at the policy level. It involves strengthening of the people’s understanding of their own needs and their right to participate in governance.
- Knowledge Management
Knowledge management includes the process of identifying intellectual assets within organizations. SAP-Nepal understands sustainability as continuity with growth, adopting the principles of social justice, economic viability and environmental friendliness. It focuses on a three-pronged sustainability approach namely, organizational sustainability, development process sustainability and financial sustainability.
Based on the knowledge and infrastructures it has developed in the last 29 years, SAP-N adopt the following strategies:
1. To promote forums of civil societies for organizing and networking Disadvantaged Groups (DAGs) so that they can raise their voices for human development and pro poor policy influencing to deal with governance issues
2. To facilitate consultative processes on positive discriminatory processes for human development and human rights
3. To facilitate resource generation processes by promoting an enterprise development mechanism to enhance technical backup support for the poor
4. To facilitate capacity building interventions for accessing economic opportunities for the poor
5. To enhance the system/mechanism of analyzing the status of policies and practices relating to conflict transformation, peace reconciliation, accountability and protection/enhancement of human rights
6. To influence agencies to adopt an inclusive governance framework
7. To adopt and promote social accountability tools for good governance promotion at different levels